Wednesday 12 October 2011

Research; Roger Fenton

I came across Roger Fenton from a lecture. I really liked the style of his work and the representation of people in the landscape. I particulary liked the old-fashioned trailors with the working class men and the ladies in a field with their dresses. Such as; (The photo below)
I'd really like to play around with this concept, whilst still portraying a beautiful landscape. The person or people would just be a feature within the photograph.

I like the tones and textures in this image of the cart/carriage against the soft, quite plain landscape.
This is quite soft and painting like. Although personally I think the image is more about the male on the cart and the possible meaning behind that, rather than just being present in a beautiful landscape image.

I find this photograph a bit chaotic but really interesting. I like the way different parts of the landscape draw your eye contact and make you look deeper into the image. - For instance at the bottom-left of the photo, your eyes are drawn into different sections of the wood and the old cart wheel.
It's not until you start scanning the image and looking at all of the sections you notice that there are people within the image. I like the discovering sense of this. The fact that the people aren't obvious but once found, give the photograph more character.
The pinky tones to the sky give a warmth to the photo, perhaps revealing that it is early morning and/or that these people are family or close friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment