Thursday 13 October 2011

Making two images appear the same but with different lenses

For this workshop, we were asked to make two images appear the same whilst using a different lens for each. I used a Horseman 5x4 camera and to take the photos I used a 180mm lens for one and a 210mm lens for the other.


For the black and white image I used the 180 mm
lens.
- Light reading was 5.6, so I turnt the broncolour
box to 6.1 from 6.
- The QuickDisc read 0.6, so I upped the light to
6.7.
I also measured the distance between the objects
and the edge of the photograph by the squares on
the grid.

          For this colour image I used the 120mm
     - I moved the camera back about 1 foot.
                                                                     - The light reading was 8.5.
        - The QuickDisc read 0.6 so I upped the light to 6.
     - The light reading was now 8.4, so I upped  the light 
to 6.3 which then read 8.6 on the light meter.
                                                                                          


We then took another two photos, but now whilst changing the 'Perspective Control'.



Not that you can see very well from the scan, but below are the negatives from this shoot, for which I used a 210mm lens. One was taking looking at the book straight. (Colour Negative)
The other was taken with a 'Tilt' of +34 degrees and a 'Swing' of 27 degrees. (Black & White Negative)


No comments:

Post a Comment