Monday 24 October 2011

The Pastiche; Part B.

Task: To submit a set of images based upon my own personal conceptual approach to representing the Landscape.

Initial Ideas;
Firstly, I thought about creating a Landscape in the style of Roger Fenton as I find his work really interesting.
I started thinking about possible locations, a model to put within the image - like sitting under a tree for instance, and the outfit that they would wear.

I then started thinking about Medway as a town and my opinion on it.
There are some lovely areas and sites to Medway, (such as Rochester) so I was thinking about showing the viewer that Medway can be beautiful, you just have to look at certain places in a certain way.
OR
To just reveal Medway's disheveled and crummy area in all it's glory.


First shoot; I went to Margate and had a walk along the main strip of the town - along the seafront. I didn't know exactly what I was going to shoot, I just walked around looking for inspiration and created shots at random places, that had something I wanted to capture.
Margate used to be "the place to be" years ago, whereas now it's a rundown, grey and depressing drug parlour with nothing to offer apart from a coloured, cartoon mural with memories of "the good ol days".

My Negs: For this I used a black and white film which had an ISO of 100.


With these images I kept getting a lot of different light readings so I went with what I thought was best.
These are a little darker than my cliff side negatives but I would still like to see how they print.
I struggled using the tripod I borrowed as nothing seemed to go right. So for a few of these images I hand-held the camera and rested it on something else.
I accidently pushed the shutter with the darkslide still in place and the back of the camera fell open slightly which fogged half of one image.
But, it's all part of experimenting - I'm just happy that I managed to get some images.

No comments:

Post a Comment