Wednesday 21 March 2012

Research; Tom Hunter

Although these image are not necessarily about fashion or dolls like Tim Walker, I found this work by Tom Hunter just as inspiring.

Particularly with these images below, I really liked this sense of abandonment and uselessness. Although it is clearly people within the photos instead of a doll-like figure, they still carry this notion of being discarded of, like they no longer have a purpose.
I felt this would work well and relate to my project.




With this image below, I liked the effect of the dark lighting which surrounds the edge of the photograph, whilst emphasising the main focus point, the models, with highlights.
With my images, I would not want the shadows to be as dark as this, because I want to show all of the surroundings of my discarded mannequin.


No comments:

Post a Comment