Wednesday 21 March 2012

Research; Tim Walker

Due to dressing and styling my model as a mannequin, I found Tim Walker's work really inspiring. - 
In terms of playing with fantasy in a real life environment and the pose of the model.



With these images, I like how she clearly still looks human but is in a doll world. - The expression and pose for example.
With this, the image as a whole seems a bit creepy and unnatural. 
I thought this would help play on m idea of the fact that we, as consumers, play to the Fashion Industry's system. They use us like their mannequins.



These images are more dramatic with the doll look, but i really like the blank expressions and lifeless poses. It really emphasises that she can only move with someone else's assistance and control.



 With this image, I wanted to play around with the style of the makeup and the marks on her arms and legs to look like the joints enabling her to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment