Monday 27 February 2012

Research; David LaChapelle

For this project I was really interested in looking at the idea of "someone's junk is someone elses treasure", but I wanted to incorporate fashion into the scene. - I felt these images were really helpful and inspirational.

With this image, I really liked how this 'rubbish' was reinvented and used as clothing. 
Even though this model is wearing what looks like a sleeping bag and a cushion, it almost looks like it's meant to work. It's meant to be an outfit.
 She looks very glamorous, with her make-up and pose, even though she is surrounded by destruction and rubble.






With these images above, although they are not dressed in rubbish, some items they're using, like the umbrella, are broken, which most people would no longer use and throw away. - I thought this really linked to my idea based around the junk and treasure saying.
These models look very fashionable, glamorous and sophisticated. They also appear that they are supposed to be in this area/scenery. - Like it is not out of the ordinary how most people would see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment