Tuesday 10 January 2012

Body & Lighting

These shoots were to practice capturing emotion and lighting the body in the right way, to help express exactly what we wanted.

Our task was to capture Aloof, Intimacy, Pride and Vulnerability..



Overall, i think i captured these emotions quite well. The first two images (on the right) are out of focus, but in terms of camera position and pose, i think i captured what i wanted.
I was rather pleased with these images as i spent a lot of time adjusting and testing the lighting for each emotion.


For these images below, i was trying to perfect my lighting in preparation for my 'Body' shoot.
I really wanted to get the effect of a favourite image of mine by Irving Penn..


I really liked how the curves and smoothness of her body was defined by the highlights. For my own shoot, i didn't think the strong contrast would have supported my theme, but i did like the effect within this image.
The strong contrast within this image defines her slender frame, and draws attention to her curves and sensuality of the female form.




No comments:

Post a Comment