Wednesday 2 November 2011

Printing; Pastiche

After looking through my negatives, I decided on my favourite image and started to print.

First I done a 5 second test strip on Grade 5 as I wanted my image to have contrast.
The aperture was set to f8.

The middle image was a test of G5 for 25 seconds, which I thought was too dark, so for the second test i done G5 for only 20 seconds. 



- G5 for 18 secs; Which I printed in full to see the different areas of the image.


I then tested;
- G5 for 18 secs & G0 for 10 secs.
- G5 for 18 secs & G0 for 5 secs.


- G5 for 20 secs & G0 for 8 secs. > To get the contrast and all of the tones on the cliff i used G5 whilst blocking out the sky so it wasn't bleached. Then to get the sky, clouds and sea in the image, I used G0 whilst blocking out the cliffs. I kept my hands moving and as close to the lens as possible to avoid getting lines.
 
Full print;
I was really pleased with this effect. It showed the Contrast, midtones and sea/sky that I wanted. But I changed the size of my image to a square shape instead..

I felt this looked better and fitted the pastiche more.

No comments:

Post a Comment