Wednesday 2 November 2011

Printing; Object Shoot

Test strip of 5 seconds with an aperture of f11. Magenta - 80. Yellow - 60;

5 seconds was best so I made a full strip;

This looked too yellow and a bit green, so I altered the magenta and yellow both to 60.

The black at the bottom of the image was too light. So I made another exposure of 5 seconds, but this time I exposed the bottom for another 5, whilst blocking the rest of the image from light.

I was really pleased with this image, but the medal in the central foreground and the meat next to it, looks blurred and out of focus, which I wasn't happy with.

I then chose another image of the same compostition that had more depth of field to it to try.

For this image I kept the aperture the same at f11. Also, because this was taken using the same lighting and everything else, I kept the Magenta and Yellow both at 70 as before, whilst doing a 5 second step wedge.

Like before, 5 seconds was best, so I made a full strip of this.

I was happy with the colours so I made a full print;

I was really happy with the colours and focus, but the bottom blacks of the image needed to have more exposure to be darkened.
I then made another print of 5 seconds, but exposed the bottom black area for a further 5 seconds whilst blocking the rest from light;

No comments:

Post a Comment